EISAI COMPLETES CONSTRUCTION OF ORAL SOLID DOSE PRODUCTION FACILITY AT NEW SUZHOU PLANT IN CHINA
Eisai Co., Ltd. (Headquarters: Tokyo, CEO: Haruo Naito, “Eisai”) announced today that its Chinese subsidiary, Eisai China Inc. (ECI) has completed construction of a new oral solid dose (OSD) production facility and an administration building at the site of its new Suzhou plant located within the Suzhou Industrial Park.
Eisai’s business operations in China are one of its core businesses which is third-largest in scale after Japan and the United States. Through the completion of the OSD production facility at the new Suzhou Plant, Eisai seeks to strengthen its in-house domestic production system in China and expand its stable supply chain of high quality pharmaceuticals, contributing to increasing the benefits to patients and their families in China.
Location: 168 Xingpu Road, Suzhou Industrial Park, Suzhou, Jiangsu, China
Site area: Approximately 134,000 m2
(1) Oral Solid Dose Production Facility
· Floor space: Approximately 20,240 m2 / Three floors
· Main functions: Formulation, packaging, storage, etc.
· Products to be manufactured: Methycobal, Aricept, Pariet and other products
(2) Parenteral Production Facility
(Construction completed in November 2014)
· Floor space: Approximately 5,690 m2 / Two floors
· Products manufactured: Methycobal injection and other products
(3) Administration Building
· Floor space: Approximately 2,230 m2 / Two floors
· Main facilities: Offices, meeting rooms, cafeteria, etc.